Planning to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia? Then a Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) might be your best path.
What is a Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132)?
The Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) allows you to establish a new, or develop an existing, business in Australia. You must be nominated by a state or territory government agency and invited to apply by the minister.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.
This visa allows you to travel in and out of Australia any number of times (whilst the visa is valid), study in Australia, have your family accompany you to Australia, and live in Australia as a permanent resident for five years. After 5 years, if you wish to remain in Australia, you will need to apply for a Resident Return Visa.
There are two ways (streams) to be granted a Subclass 132 Visa:
- Significant Business History Stream – for affluent owners or part owners of a business who want to have a major management role in a new or existing business in Australia
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream – for people who have obtained venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Who would a Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) be suitable for?
A Subclass 132 Visa would suit you if:
- you submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and it is accepted
- you are sponsored by a state or territory government agency
- you have a genuine and realistic commitment to participate in the management of a new or existing business in Australia
- you are less than 55 years old
- you have an overall successful business career
- you fulfil the requirements of the stream you apply through
- you have never been involved in unacceptable business or investment activities
A Subclass 132 Visa through the Significant Business History Stream would suit you if:
- you (and your spouse combined) have net business and personal assets of at least AU$1,500,000.00
- you have an annual business turnover of at least AU$3,000,000.00
- you will establish a qualifying business in Australia, or participate in an existing qualifying business in Australia
- you are committed to maintaining substantial ownership of the business
- you are committed to maintaining direct and continuous involvement in the day-to-day management of the business
- you are prepared to make decisions that affect the overall direction and performance of the business in a way that benefits the Australian economy
A Subclass 132 Visa through the Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream would suit you if:
- you have obtained at least AU$1,000,000.00 in venture capital funding to start and develop a high-value business idea in Australia
- you are committed to meeting the requirements of your venture capital agreement
When can you expect your Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) to be approved?
The processing time for the Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) can be found at the:
Australian Immigration and Border Protection Website
How do you apply for a Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132)?
The first step to applying for this visa is to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. If your EOI is accepted, then you will be invited to apply for the Subclass 132 Visa.
Let Aus Visa Specialists improve your chances of being accepted into Australia right from the first point of contact with the Australian Immigration Department. Contact us today and we’ll assist you with your Expression of Interest, and following application. We are committed to your success!