This Visa allows skilled workers to live and work permanently in Australia.
What is a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)?
The Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) is a points based visa for skilled workers. This visa allows you to live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. The visa terms really are ‘independent’ – you do not need to be sponsored by an employer or a family member, or by a State or Territory.
You can be in or outside of Australia when you apply.
Who would a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) be suitable for?
A Subclass 189 Visa would suit you if:
- you have an occupation that is on the Skilled Occupation List
- you have a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation from the relevant assessing body
- you score a minimum of 60 points on the points test
- you are under 50 years of age
- you have the required level of English language skills
- your Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect is accepted
- you have relevant work experience in your nominated or closely related occupation to meet the points score (if necessary)
- you meet the character and health requirements as set out by the Australia Government
When can you expect your Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) to be approved?
The processing time for the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) can be found at the:
Australian Immigration and Border Protection Website
How do you apply for a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)?
Firstly you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. If your EOI is accepted by SkillSelect, you will be invited to apply for the Subclass 189 Visa.
To ensure you have everything you need to fulfil the visa application requirements and Expression of Interest, contact Aus Visa Specialists today. We can greatly improve you chances of visa approval.