This is a permanent visa for people who have lived and worked in specified areas of regional Australia.
What is a Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887)?
The Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887) is a permanent visa. It is for people who have a current eligible visa and have lived for at least two years and worked for at least one year in a specified regional area.
This visa allows you to:
- live, work and study in Australia permanently
- enrol in the Medicare scheme
- apply for Australian Citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted. After that time, you will require a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia.
You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when the visa is granted.
Who would a Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887) be suitable for?
A Subclass 887 Visa would suit you if:
- you are in Australia
- you hold a valid passport
- you hold a current Subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 Visa, or Bridging Visa A or Bridging Visa B after applying for a Subclass 495, 487 or 489 Visa
- you have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for at least two years
- you have worked full time in a specified regional area for at least one year
- you meet health and character requirements of the Australian Government
When can you expect your Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887) to be approved?
The processing time for the Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887) can be found at the:
Australian Immigration and Border Protection Website
How do you apply for a Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887)?
The Subclass 887 Visa gives you the opportunity to become a permanent resident of Australia and enjoy all that the country has to offer. Please contact Aus Visa Specialists today and let us help you join us here in the ‘Land Down Under’. Simply fill in the Free Visa Assessment form on this page and we’ll get back to you shortly.