Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

Home / Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

This visa option is for parents who want to live permanently in Australia and are sponsored by their child who is a settled Australian Citizen

What is a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)?

This permanent residency visa allows parents of an Australian Citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen to live in Australia.

You can be in or outside of Australia when applying. If you are in Australia, you can apply only if your temporary visa allows you to apply for another visa while you are in Australia.

Who would a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) be suitable for?

A Subclass 143 Visa would suit you if:

  • you have a child who is an Australian Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand Citizen, and are sponsored by that child, or you hold a temporary Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 173)
  • your sponsoring child has been a lawful resident in Australia for at least two years
  • your sponsoring child provides in writing a commitment to provide support for you (as the visa applicant) for the first two years of your residency in Australia
  • you meet the balance-of-family test. This means that at last half of your children live as permanent residents in Australia, or more of your children live as permanent residents in Australia than in any other country
  • you meet the health and character requirements of the Australian Government
  • you are prepared to pay higher visa application charges for faster processing

When can you expect your Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) to be approved?

The processing times for the Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) can be found at the:
Australian Immigration and Border Protection Website

How do you apply for the Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)?

If you are prepared to pay a higher visa application fee at the time of your visa being granted, then applying directly for a Subclass 143 Visa is a viable option. Some people choose to apply for a Subclass 173 Visa (temporary 2 year visa) first so they can spread the costs of the second visa application over the two years. Contact us at Aus Visa Specialists to discuss your options and discover what path would benefit you the most.

Hilda Dhanaraj, Australian Registered Migration Agent 0107755

Mobile: 0439931545  OR  Email: