Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Class PE) Subclass 494

Home / Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Class PE) Subclass 494

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Class PE) Subclass 494

The Skilled Employer Regional Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 494) visa is a provisional employer-sponsored visa. The purpose of this visa is to allow businesses which are actively and lawfully operating in Regional Australia to nominate highly skilled professionals for provisional visas.


Criteria to be met by applicant:

  • You must hold a suitable skills assessment for your nominated occupation
  • You must have at least three years of full time and relevant skilled work experience
  • You must be under 45 years of age
  • You must demonstrate Competent English

Criteria to be met by employer:

  • Located in a designated regional area of Australia
  • be an approved work sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a standard business sponsor.
  • Have approval from Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
  • have a nomination approval or lodge a nomination application for you
  • employ you to work in the nominated occupation and in a position within the sponsoring business or an associated entity of that business,

This visa will allow you to

  • live, work and study only in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years
  • travel to and from Australia for 5 years
  • stay in Australia for up to 5 years. After 3 years on this visa you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa

How does the 494 visa lead to permanent residency?

The 494 is a five-year visa. You can access permanent residence through the Subclass 191 (Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional)) visa when the following is met:

  • You have worked in the designated regional area for at least three years, whilst holding a 494 visa
  • You can show earnings of at least $53,900 annually for three years. If you have a partner included in your 494 application, only one of you needs to show the three years of annual salary (through tax returns) at or above $53,900. Your partner can be the main applicant for the 191 visa if they can meet requirements.for this visa.
  • You do NOT need to be nominated by an employer to make an application for the 191 visa.

Hilda Dhanaraj, Australian Registered Migration Agent 0107755

Mobile: 0439931545  OR  Email: